- About Us
- Member Resources
- Upcoming Events
- News & Media
***** NOTE: RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED*****
THERE WILL BE NO EXTRA SEATING AVAILABLE.
The Missouri Athletic Club and the Rotary Club of St. Louis announce our 2016 Annual Veterans Day Commemoration in recognition of our military veterans. We will honor our nation’s veterans on Thursday, November 10, 2016. Our Guest of Honor and featured Speaker will be General Darren W. McDew.
General Darren W. McDew is the commander, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. USTRANSCOM is the single manager for global air, land and sea transportation for the Department of Defense. McDew was commissioned in 1982 following his graduation from Virginia Military Institute. He began his flying career at Loring AFB, Maine and has logged more than 3,300 hours of flight time. His staff assignments include serving as a member of the Air Force Chief of Staff Operations Group, Air Force aide to the President, chief of the Air Force Senate Liaison Division and the director of Air Force Public Affairs. General McDew served as vice director for strategic plans and policy for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He also served as the commander of 18th Air Force, Scott AFB, and commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels as well as at an Air Force direct reporting unit. He deployed in support of ongoing operations in Central and Southwest Asia as an air expeditionary group commander and later as the director of mobility forces. Prior to his current assignment, General McDew was the commander of Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB.
Registration and social with military exhibits will begin at 11:15 a.m. followed by the luncheon at 12:00 p.m. in the Missouri Room of the Missouri Athletic Club at 405 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63102. The program will end at 1:30 p.m. Attire is business dress for civilians and service dress for military.
1. Reservations Required – Anyone and everyone including all Club 11 Rotarians attending must have a reservation through Maggie Lampe ( firstname.lastname@example.org 314-894-1759) no later than Noon of Wednesday November 9.
2. All Club 11 Rotarians who prepay for meals with their dues will not have to pay additional, you meal is included as a normal Rotary meeting.
3. All Senior Active Club 11 Rotarians (who regularly pay at the door) will pay the regular $16 for the lunch.
4. Guests and Visiting Rotarians – $27 – Any guest of a Rotarian or Rotarian from other rotary clubs, must have a reservation in advance. The fee for guest and visiting Rotarians will be the full $27 for this special luncheon.
5. Special Plates Strictly Limited – Special meals will be limited only for “gluten free” requirements and must be reserved in advance. No fruit plates, fish plates, or other “special” meals will be available.
6, Come early (by 11:00 AM) to see the exhibits that open at 11:15 AM (and cash bar). Come early for parking.