2010 Service Summary
Rotary Club of St. Louis – Over the past months, the Rotary Club of St. Louis, with more than 200 members representing hundreds of businesses throughout Greater St. Louis, has continued to serve the community in the following ways and more:
- Community Service Grants were awarded to
- Nurses for Newborns ($3,800)
- Little Bit Foundation ($4,000)
- Club 11 sent 2 students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Camp
- For the club’s centennial project, Rotarians contributed their time and dollars ($34,900) for the renovation of a storefront space to accommodate an incubator business studio for the not-for-profit Justine Petersen Co.
- We passed the hat and sent $1,400 to tornado ravaged Joplin, Missouri
- Ongoing contributions from the St. Louis Club and other clubs in our district have provided, over the years, more than 22,000 eye surgeries that restored eyesight to impoverished blind people in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Thailand.
- In honor of our troops fighting abroad, Rotarians continued to roll up their sleeves three times a year to donate desperately needed blood to the American Red Cross.
- We awarded $15,000 from the Annual Charity Golf Tournament to Ride on St. Louis, a charity for developmentally and physically disabled individuals.
- We granted $1,000 scholarships to 3 exemplary students at Ranken Technical College.
- Awards, including twenty-eight $20,000 scholarships, provided by Webster University were presented to outstanding 8th grade students from St. Louis schools.
- Our St. Louis Club sponsored a multi-Rotary Club project that provided life-saving heart surgeries for 12 children in Hungary.
- The club proudly presented the Police Officer’s Achievement Award to a St. Louis officer for heroism in the line of duty and exemplary community service.
- Our Old Newsboys (and girls) hit the streets on a chilly November morning as they have since 1972. Over the years the club has collected tens of thousands of dollars for children’s charities.
- We collected used luggage, old shoes, school supplies and baby supplies, painted buildings, assembled bookshelves, etc to benefit various needy groups.
- And, for our own wellness, we continued our physical fitness opportunities with club bowling, golf, skiing, tennis and an annual canoe float.
We are proud to be Rotarians
Rotary Club of St. Louis
405 Washington Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63102
Levitra vs viagra whether opposition lasts not the first year and all very loudly and often argue on that it is worth choosing something one or it is worth using both options after all. Cialis vs viagra vs levitra also the candidate for the introduction for fight against competitors. But it has less chances of a victory as it not such popular as two others.